Thanks to the rise of technology and money transfer services it has never been easier for you to transfer money online.
With this, however, comes a rise in fraudsters attempting to abuse these services and steal your money.
Take a look at our 7 top tips to bear in mind when transferring money safely online:
1. Never, under any circumstances agree to transfer money for someone else you don’t know. Money laundering has unruly consequences…
2. An obvious one but don’t provide your bank account details to someone you haven’t met or to a business you are not 100% sure about.
3. Take your time and get to know who you are dealing with and transferring the money to. At HooYu will help individuals verify a person or business identity within minutes.
4. Try not to open any attachments or click on any links in any unsolicited emails claiming to be from a money transfer service.
5. Never transfer money to pay for taxes or fees to claim for a prize. If you haven’t submitted your details for a prize, then you’re not in for a chance of winning one.
6. If you’re contacted about funds for an emergency situation, verify and confirm the emergency before transferring anything.
7. Use tools such as HooYu to independently confirm the identity of the person or business you are transferring money too.
At HooYu we help protect consumers from scams and financial loss, allowing them to leverage the same technology that banks and online businesses have been enjoying for years to make sure their customers are who they say they are.
If you want to check another person’s identity before you proceed with a sensitive transaction or wish to confirm someone’s ID, then contact us today.